Cytoplasmic transfer is a method of improving egg quality and its function. It is a great solution for patients over 35, with poor egg quality and for those who would like to use their own eggs for IVF procedure.
Patient is stimulated to develop her eggs, egg cells are collected and at the same time the donor’s eggs too. Cytoplasm is take from donors eggs and injected to patients eggs. Sperm can be donor’s or husband’s sperm, as patient prefers. When eggs get fertilized they are transferred.
The procedure is done via ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). In cytoplasmic transfer 10-15 % of egg donor cytoplasma is added to the recipent’s egg together with the sperm. Cytoplasma contains mitochondria, enzymes and other organelles. Cytoplasma does not contain any information about the donor’s phenotype; it contains only genetic information about energy production.
The added donor cytoplasma improves recipient’s cytoplasma function during fertilization, aids early development stages of an embryo and helps with its implantation. Such a procedure (a simple injection of cytoplasma) from a healthy donor is able to bring back healthy mitochondrial activity and rejuvenate the patient’s oocyte.
We especially recommend cytoplasmic transfer to patients with low egg quality, low embryo grade, especially for patients over the age of 35, suffering from premature ovarian failure, with history of previous abortions or implantation failures. Cytoplasmic transfer is also helpful for patients with embryo developmental arrest, high fragmentation of embryos, idiopathic infertility and other.
- Initial consultation with fertility specialist (doctor and medical coordinator who will be in constant contact with you at all stages of your treatment).
- Vitrified oocyte donor selection process (1 set – 12 oocytes).
- Personalized treatment plan for each patient.
- Endometrial lining stimulation protocol.
- The semen analysis and sperm preparation (it can be partner’s or donor’s sperm).
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) of thawed oocytes with partner’s or donor’s sperm.
- Embryo cultivation.
- Embryo transfer.
- Detailed embryological development report.
- Assistance with visa applications, hotel and travel arrangements.
- 2 Airport Transfers.
- Patient support during and after the treatment program.
Want to get a quote?
Fill in a Patient Form and you will receive an individual quote as well as advice on which treatment is best for what you want