What is Surrogacy?
Surrogacy is the process when Surrogate Mother consciously agrees to gestate and give birth to a child for Intended Parents.
Surrogacy is very rarely the first decision on the journey to build a family. Often people come to surrogacy after trying and exhausting other options such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or sometimes IVF with egg or semen donation.
What kind of Surrogacy Programs exists?
- Gestational surrogacy with embryo from both Intended Parents – the Surrogate Mother is implanted with an embryo created by IVF, using Intended Father’s semen and Intended Mother’s eggs.
- Gestational surrogacy and egg donation – the Surrogate Mother is implanted with an embryo created by IVF, using Intended Father’s sperm and a donor egg where the donor is not the surrogate. The resulting child is genetically related to intended father and genetically unrelated to the surrogate.
- Gestational surrogacy and donor sperm – the Surrogate Mother is implanted with an embryo created by IVF, using Intended Mother’s egg and donor sperm. The resulting child is genetically related to Intended Mother and genetically unrelated to the surrogate.
- Gestational surrogacy and donor embryo – the Surrogate Mother is implanted with a donated embryo, leftover from previous successful IVF from other Intended Parents.
Who can take part in the Surrogacy Programs?
Currently, we can offer you surrogate programs in Ukraine, Russia and Georgia.
Link4MED is the only agency in Serbia and the region that offers Surrogate Programs together with our partners from Ukraine, Russia and Georgia. In these countries, the surrogacy is legal, and the clinics we have been cooperating with successfully conducts surrogacy programs since 2005.
All you need to do is to fill out our Patient Form and wait for us to contact you with the proposal of your treatment plan.
What does the price of our programs include?
- Screening and selection of surrogate mother,
- Drugs for the preparation of mother’s surrogate for transfer,
- Whole IVF cycle,
- hCG test,
- Prescription drugs,
- Genetic tests PRISCA I and PRISCA II,
- Pregnancy screening,
- Organization of childbirth in one of the maternity hospitals in Ukraine or Georgia,
- Compensation for a surrogate mother,
- Legal assistance in obtaining a Ukrainian, Russian or Georgian child birth certificate.
*This is a general description of the services that are offered. The precise content of the service is defined for each surrogate package in particular
“GO HOME” Package includes:
- Legal consultation and support during the completion of the program,
- The preparation of a complete package of documents required by the embassy for applying for a travel document for a child,
- Travel to the Embassy, additional services (translation, notarization, apostolization, etc.) assistance in confirming or recognizing parental rights;
- Other naturalization procedures for a new citizen in your country of residence.
Surrogacy in Ukraine
Under Ukrainian law, future parents must be officially in a heterosexual marriage and have medical indications for surrogacy, and at least the prospective father must provide his or her genetic material. So, before the program starts, you need to submit your wedding letter with an apostille and a letter from the doctor confirming your diagnosis.
Future parents are enrolled in the child’s birth certificate as biological parents. Every child born into a surrogate family in Ukraine is considered a legal child from the beginning. In other words, a surrogate mother cannot keep her baby after birth for any reason.
Surrogacy in Russia
Surrogate motherhood is allowed in Russia, but only for heterosexual couples and single mothers who do not have the capacity to bear pregnancy. Also, the law allows intended parents to use their own genetic or donor genetic material if they need it, as long as the basic requirements for using donated eggs and sperm are met. Future parents choose Russia as their destination country because of the affordable price of a surrogate arrangement.
The intended mother should have a medical indication that prevents her from becoming pregnant. The most common causes include uterine deficiency, uterine anomalies, risk of somatic symptom disorder, recurrent failure of IVF, etc. Single mothers must use their own eggs to create embryos that will be placed in the uterus of the surrogate mother.
The surrogate mother must give written consent in order for the names of future parents to be entered in the birth certificate of the child born. When the parents’ names are entered in the birth certificate, they are officially the legal parents of the child. The surrogate mother has no right to claim the right to motherhood.
Surrogacy in Georgia
In Georgia, gestational surrogacy is regulated by law. A woman carrying a baby has no biological connection to the child. The father and mother of the child, who was born with the help of a surrogate mother, are recognized as biological parents – a married couple who provided their / donor genetic material. Surrogacy is allowed for heterosexual couples and single mothers who do not have a womb. The surrogate mother should fill out a special form immediately after the birth of the child, which represents the consent of the surrogate mother to indicate the biological parents on the child’s birth certificate.
Future parents will be considered as parents, who have all legal responsibilities and rights arising from it. The surrogate mother will have no rights to the child and will in no case be recognized as the child’s legal mother.
The following aspects should be kept in mind:
- The child’s birth certificate is issued within 24 hours of birth.
- The names of future parents will be placed on the child’s birth certificate after birth.
- Future parents do not need the consent of the surrogate mother to register as the child’s legal parents.
If you would like to found out more about Surrogacy programs we can offer, please contact us and we will schedule a phone call or a meeting.
Surrogacy Programs in Russia, Ukraine and Georgia
If you like to find out more about our programs, conditions, and prices, CONTACT US and you will get your FREE Inquiry